Get Your Garage Ready For Spring Clean Up
Ah the time has come yet again to start peeling away the layers and get ready for the warmer weather and longer days! Spring is in the air and we could not be happier. After this brutal winter there is a lot of spring clean up needed to get our homes, garages and yards ready for the warm summer months ahead. We have outlined a few tips below to assist you with planning your garage clean up to ensure that you and your garage door are ready for summer.
During the winter months the garage becomes filled with clutter; from holiday decorations, snow shovels, winter coats, salt bags, outdoor toys and anything else used during these months. It is often too cold or dark to put things away where they belong in the winter which leads to massive piles of clutter, when getting your home and garage ready for the spring and summer months this is the first place you must start. Throughout the years we have found that the easiest way to get started with the home clean up is to empty the garage completely remove everything outside and start from scratch, organizing and putting back into the proper spaces not only allows for easy finding of specific product but can help free up space in the garage for the summer months.
- remove all contents of the garage and stack into piles separated by season and use.
- sweep out the garage after going around and completing a garage door inspection
- take all winter related items (shovels, decorations) and store them into the back of the garage out of the way until they are needed again next year.
- take all summer related items ( pools, beach toys, camping gear) move it back into the garage stacking it neatly in front of the winter items ready for use in the upcoming months.
- take all spring items (lawn furniture, lawn mower, yard tools) and place them back into the garage neatly ready for use in the upcoming weeks. You will want these items front and center so when the weather breaks you are able to hop right into yard clean up.
- take a look at all left over items, things you or your children may have forgotten about buried in the back of the garage and separate them into piles for donations and trash.
- step back and admire your fresh and clean garage area and get ready for the relaxing summer months coming ahead.
During garage clean up you can take advantage of the time the garage is empty to perform our garage door inspection, by performing the inspection not only are you ensuring that the garage door is in working order after the winter months but you can identify any problem areas and contact one of our garage door specialist 24 hours a day 7 days a week to schedule an appointment to fix your garage door before the problem turns into a larger issue.